Saturday, July 20, 2013

Best at the Piano

Being the best at everything is NEVER complete... especially without knowing a musical instrument! I did take a couple of piano lessons, but then my piano teacher moved and I barely learned anything: so I just continued by myself. And trust me, if I can do it, so can you!

1. Know how to read music. Memorize the placement of notes on the staff, because those are what you'll be reading.
2. Invest in a keyboard, if you don't already own one. It's FAR less expensive, and will give you a good learning base.
3. Practice Scales. You have to get your fingers used to the feel of the distance between certain notes.
4. Use the light up keys! I learned Fur Elise from the keys (believe it or not), and whenever I play it, people believe I've been playing for years and years!
5. Youtuuube! There are some really helpful tutorials out there that will teach you what a teacher can.

See, playing the piano is not very difficult. Once you start learning, you will seriously get the hang of things and be extremely good! Hmm, maybe Carnegie Hall doesn't seem so far away anymore, does it? (:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! I love reading each and every one of your comments! ♥